PASTOR DANIEL MARTINO
- Senior Pastor | Spanish Service
Pastor Martino is a native of San Juan, Puerto Rico where he grew up and accepted the Lord at the age of 17. In his mother church he received his initial teachings and the passion for evangelism and missions, and this has permeated his ministerial trajectory.
Pastor Martino is a graduate of Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, with a BA in Sociology and Hispanic Literature. His educational endeavors led him to further his studies where he received his Masters in Divinity from the Evangelical Seminary of Puerto Rico in 1987. He was ordained at Castañer, PR, in May 1989. Pastor Martino has served in different capacities as community, organizer, and denominational leadership throughout his tenure serving both rural and urban settings.
- Associate Pastor/Community Leader in Puerto Rico
- Founder & Director of Castañer Christian Academy of Puerto Rico
- Pastor of First Hispanic Baptist Church of New London, CT
- Leader of the new church planting in the city of Norwich, CT
Pastor Daniel is happily married to Grace Martino, and fathers Daniel, Javier, and Grace, his most precious treasures.
PASTOR ARACELIS VAZQUEZ - HAYE
- Associate Pastor | English Service
Pastor Aracelis, is a native of New London. Her passion and commitment to children and youth advocacy, education, social justice, and worship embodies her holistic approach to ministry.
Pastor Aracelis received her undergraduate degree from Eastern Connecticut State University and has earned graduate degrees from Loyola University of Chicago (M.Ed), and Yale Divinity School (M.Div). Pastor Aracelis was ordained at Church of the City, New London, in September 2014.
- Protestant Chaplain at Connecticut College
- Protestant Chaplain at The Waterford Country School
- Board Member of New London Public Schools Board of Education
- Board Member of Yale Divinity School Alumni Board
Pastor Aracelis is married to her beloved husband, Kenyon Haye. They are the proud parents of Kaylani.
PASTOR WILLIAM (BILL) RIVERA
- Associate Pastor and Counselor
Pastor Bill became a Christian at age 17 and enlisted in the United States Navy shortly afterward. Arriving at his first duty station in San Diego, California, he was challenged by some men to “Take up his cross, follow Jesus as a disciple, and commit himself to fulfilling the Great Commission of Christ."
Pastor Bill earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, in Belton, Texas (1986), and a Master of Arts in Theological Studies (Youth and Family Counseling) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Hamilton, Massachusetts (1990). He was ordained for the Gospel ministry in 1986 at Belton, Texas.
- Director of Multicultural Affairs and Immigration Practice for the State of Connecticut Department of Children and Families
- Human Development Adjunct Professor at Connecticut College
Pastor Bill is married to his wife Rosie Rivera. They are the parents of five children and seven grandchildren.
PASTOR BELISCA DESTRA
- Associate Pastor | Haitian Service
Pastor Belisca Destra, a native of Haiti gave his life to The Lord at the age of 16 years old since that time he started his journey with The Lord.
Pastor Destra has had the privilege to lead ministries like: Christian Education, young association, and outreach groups.
Pastor Destra was ordained in 1995, in his native Haiti. He earned a degree in Theology at The Theological Evangelical Seminary, Port Au Prince Haiti (2002), and a degree in business at Quisqueya University, Port Au Prince (2005).
- Professor at Bible Institute and Science in Hartford
- Founder of Great in thy Faithfulness
- Associate at Home Depot
- Driver at School District of Cheshire, CT
Pastor Destra is married to his wife Rosemarie since 1986, and is blessed with 4 children and 2 grandchildren. His family sees him as their role model.
- Worship Leader and Communications Director
Toby grew up on Long Island, New York. He has served on various worship team for multiple years and in different areas of New York. After receiving a calling to move to New London, Connecticut in 2013, Toby began working in the School System helping children with special needs. Having a burning desire to serve more at church, he took on the role of Worship and Communications Director at Church of the City.
Toby went to Molloy College
where he graduated with a B.S. in Music Therapy and Psychology.
- Technology Specialist at New London Public School System
Enjoying life ....